Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
zolablue

Rose propagated from grandmother's garden...

zolablue
17 years ago

I posted this on the Antique Rose forum and was told I should try for some help here as well.

I will add to my original post below that my sister says this rose is small at about 2 inches in diameter.

My grandmother grew this rose when my father, now 80, was a small child and probably way before that. It is a rose she called June rose probably because it most often bloomed then. But I would love to find out exactly what type of rose this is and its name if any of you rose experts can determine it from these photos.

Sorry for the quality of the photos as these were taken by someone else of my sister's cuttings because mine will probably not bloom this year, unfortunately. We each received 4 cuttings started last spring by my nephew from the rose bush my brother took from my grandmother's garden when she passed away 24 years ago. We are so excited to have this chance to grow the rose but I honestly cannot remember it. We got these cuttings last August in pots to transplant into our gardens but mine had to find a temporary spot and I transplanted them in May. I think that's why mine did not bloom and my sister's did. She told me she basically ignored them and look what happened.

I know it blooms once. It is very fragrant according to my sister. It is very winter hardy. I remember the bush growing somewhat upright and almost resembling a large homemade broom, if that makes sense. My grandmother had it on a trellis but my brother had it in a corner growing upward and would lean against a fence.

That's about all I know. I'm sure hoping someone can tell me what this rose is. Many thanks. Oh, please scroll right to see all three photos.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pink once blooming rose (3) pictures...

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County