Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
beth1_gw

Can you please help me identify this rose?

beth1
18 years ago

Hi,

At the time I can't offer you a lot of info because my rose isn't blooming at the moment but I do have some pics from last year. It is a climbing rose that blooms once with soft pink roses which are in clusters and has a faint fragrance to it. It is a fast climber. My husband dug me a start of this rose a few years ago at an old home site in the woods.

Any help you can give me to point me in the right direction will be greatly appreciated. ;-)

Blessings,

Beth

Image link:

Comments (3)

• cecilia_md7a
    18 years ago

Well, if it's a very vigorous, once-blooming climber that roots easily from suckers, I would guess that it's one of the wichurana ramblers like Dorothy Perkins and her relatives. It's difficult to tell any detail from the photo, though. DP and the other wich. rambler hybrids from the late 1800s and early 1900s are commonly seen at old homesites and along roadsides.

• beth1
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thanks Ron & Cecilia, I appreciate your help. I'm fairly new to the world of roses so I have a lot to learn. ;o)

Blessings,
    Beth

• sassyav8r
    18 years ago

This is a hardy, climbing rose that usually has blooms on it with the exception of a few winter months.
    Was told by my neighbor that the Mother of the previous house owner brought the rose over from Europe. It is fragrant, has thorns, climbs, and I have propogated about 25 stems. Already transplanted and they are blooming as well. Any guesses as to the name of this rose?

Here is a link that might be useful: roses album