Return to the Name That Rose Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rose ID

Posted by brib86 MI (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 19, 14 at 12:17

Hello! I bought a house last spring with 10 plus beautiful roses in the yard. I have been doing my best keeping them healthy, even with the brutal winter killing most of them back to the ground. I would love to know what kinds some of them are. I am still wrapping my head around all the different varieties of roses let alone figuring out names. Here are some that have bloomed so far if anyone knows. Thanks in advance!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rose ID

Second one

o

between the winter and my wonderful pruning skills this one got a little uneven. Grows like crazy though! Sorry about the quality can get a close up if needed

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Sun, Jun 22, 14 at 13:06

There are several yellow hybrid teas the first one could be. Maybe Midas Touch or Oregold.

the second one looks like Scentimental.

Is the third one a miniature climber?

o

I guess? It is very bush but also grows up. Grows very fast. small white flowers, not much of a scent.

o

The second one does look like a Scentimental.

o

The 2nd one is either Scentimental or Julio Inglesias. How strong is the scent? How long do the blooms last?

o

No.3 - could it possibly be a very new or cut-back-and-come-again White Banksia rose? Just a thought. Thornless, evergreen, flowers once only early in the season; best in a warm climate or a warm, sheltered spot, may smell faintly of violets.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Rose Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here