Return to the Name That Rose Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pretty red to copper semi-double shrub rose

Posted by trudi_d 7, Long Island (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 18, 06 at 12:48

This is the first I've posted here, the forum was recommended for great advice.

The photo below is a semi-double red rose, it has a subtle tinting of copper. This is not an expensive plant, it was purchased in early Spring for $3.99 from National Wholesale Liquidators. In the center of the rose is a small flying insect that landed there just as I was taking the picture ;-)

TIA,

T

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pretty red to copper semi-double shrub rose

does it have any scent? those hooked thorns look
dangerous!
alida

o

That could be hot cocoa......I know it can turn orangy right?

o

It could be Fred Loads, modern shrub with upright growth to 7'. Flowers single to semi double,light vermillion to orange-pink, in large clusters ( I see buds around your bloom) reblooming.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Rose Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here