Return to the Name That Rose Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
maybe Cecile Brunner bush?

Posted by kutekaos 8B (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 5, 13 at 16:01

This rose came with my house and they could not remember what the name is. The rose is about 8 years old and I have had it for almost a year. It hasn't grown much since I've owned it. It reminds me of Cecile Brunner but it doesn't have much scent. Usually no scent at all. It's also extremely thorny. Please help:)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: maybe Cecile Brunner bush?

Here is another picture.

o

A picture of the rose before the color fades.

o

Here, more pictures.

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Sat, Jun 8, 13 at 11:33

The second photo does look like Cecile but then that bud one looks a little too pink so I don't know.

o

It's in part shade, maybe that would make enough difference? The flower doesn't really get that pink.

o

The flowers look to large and too deep pink to be Cecile Brunner i think. Cecile has very light pink very small tiny roses that open up to a pompom shape practically over night (the roses are usually found wide open on it, see pic). She also has a peppery fragrance and a light one at that. Her leaves are also very small. She looks like a miniature rose that just grew big but kept her small blooms and leaves. This plant almost looks like a miniflora with its leaf and bloom size. She's too big to be a mini and too small to be a regular sized rose bush don't you think?

o

I agree with you about Cecile Brunner, I have the climbing version in my yard too. I am no rose expert, I've been collecting roses since January. This one came with the house I bought. I don't know how tall a regular rose bush should be. I'm pretty sure I'll be overrun with roses by the time mine all reach full potential. That picture definitely doesn't look like this one. She lightens with the sun, the flowers turn white, light pink.

o

Here is a good reference for height. My daughter is 44inches tall. The bush is almost as tall her.

o

• Posted by bboy USDA 8 Sunset 5 WA (My Page) on
    Tue, Jun 18, 13 at 1:30

Notice yours has a different flower structure and leaf than shown in the pictures of 'Mme. Cecile Brunner'. To be that one it has to have the Hybrid Tea style pointed bud opening into a muddled looking flower. There are tens of thousands of kinds, yours is just some other Polyantha or similar type - it doesn't have to be a prominent one you have heard of.

o

I think it would be all the more wonderful if it was a lesser known rose. Bboy, would you happen to have a guess of what kind this is? Polyantha for sure?
Thanks,
L'Origan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Rose Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here