Return to the Name That Rose Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Please help me

Posted by Draneor MD (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 14, 05 at 16:34

Hi,
I would appreciate any insight that anyone could give me to the name of this rose. I received a cutting of it from my great aunt who lives in North Carolina. I know that it was used by my mother's grandmother for floral arrangements during the sixties (she was a florist). It seems to thrives and bloom in nearly full shade and it also stays true to cutting. Im pretty sure it is some type of miniature, climbing rose. The rose grows quite fast and has this season grown eight feet in three months. I have never seen any pests or diseases bother it. The blooms are a light pink and carry some fragrance. As this rose has some family history, I would be most appreciative to know what kind it is. Thank you for your time.

http://usera.imagecave.com/Alethia/Rose2.jpg

Here is a link that might be useful: Another Photo of the Rose

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Please help me

It looks exactly like my 'Perle d' Or'. This would be used by florists for bouttineir's for men's lapels, and maybe other arrangements. It is a wonderful fragrant small rose. What size is your bloom? P d O has a very small bloom, maybe 1 and 1/2 inch. I am adding a photo, hope it comes thru.
Susan in N. Ga.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

o

Yes, I think that is it. Thank you very much. The blooms are about an inch wide. Although, it seems to be more of a climber than a bush for me. Thank you again.

o

I am not sure if there is a climbing Perle d' Or, but there is a climbing Cecile Brunner. CB looks very much like Perle d' Or, so maybe yours rose is a Cecile. I would do some research on both roses, maybe at the Helpmefind Roses site. I really think your rose is one of these two. Perle'd Or is slightly apricot-pink and CB is a more true pink, but they really look alike.
Hope this helps, its nice to have a family heirloom rose.
Susan.

o

Do you know the size of the original bush? Cecile Brunner can get huge and have really thick canes when it's mature. I have friends who have one on their deck and it would have overtaken it by now if they didn't cut it way back.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Rose Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here