Return to the Name That Rose Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help identify ORR

Posted by lelamsk 9a (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 7, 14 at 18:09

I purchased a lot of ORR mostly from Rogue Valley Rose Nursery or Heirloom Roses. Many of these were planted and did well but a few did not do well so I repotted them to give them a chance to grow up. I put plastic ID tags on them which wore off over time. So now I have some roses that are blooming that I need to identify. I will add these one at a time to avoid confusion. Rose 1 is an obvious climber. It has loose double petals that are approximaely 2.5 inch light pink with yellow brown stamens. It is now about 3 feet tall and has about 3 canes. I has red tinged lighter green leaves. It branches off in several places as a climber does with it's new shoots. The canes are thin and end with a three or four pink buds. I would say it looks like a Renae in form but the color of the flower is my pink then the light purplish pink of my other Renae. Also the leaves are different but this could be due to a fight it just had with fungal infection which I have not had problems with in Renae before. There are some small thorns. I will add several pictures seperately. thanks for any info you can give me.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help identify ORR

leaves from plant

o

flower development at end of long canes

o

another picture of canes

o

new growth of climbing rose

o

climber growth

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Sat, Jun 7, 14 at 20:46

lelamsk, have you tried contacting Heirloom or Rogue Vally for an ID. They will know what stock they carry and could be better able to ID them for you.

o

I was sure that this rose was Rosa Renae, which I have two others in the front yard. These are smaller flowers and a more of a light violet pink. This plant in young and is in a pot planted in full sun for at least 5 yrs a day. I took some more pictures which seem to be a more medium pink and larger flowers. Now I am not so it is Renae. So now am confused.. could be that it is a Rosa Renae and just looks different since different growing conditons. One of my Renae is in almost complete shade except for about 3 hours in late atfternoon and it is growing and blooming but flowers are slightly smaller and lighter violet color. These that I am trying to identify seem to be a medium pink and larger petals and just a little fuller. What ever it is, it really is beautiful.. I will keep watching it.. it is definitely a climber.

o

You posted this picture i would like to paint it . I am doing a show of watercolor roses . Can i have your permission to paint this picture , and if i use it in my show can i included your name in the info . Like "mystery roses in bloom" rose grown bye ..... and your name so as to give you credit.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Rose Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here