Return to the Name That Rose Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help with ID of (mislabled?) rose

Posted by megghina 9 (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 26, 12 at 19:03

Hi all - I'm trying to ID this lovely rose that I bought from Lowe's a few days ago. I'm almost positive that it's a Hybrid Tea, but in color, it doesn't really match the image or description given on the label. Its flowers (open) are a beautiful dusky-pink with a slightly warm hue. The buds have a much stronger apricot-to-coral hue on the reverse side of the petals, and are lighter on the inside. It has a very weak fragrance. The label IDs it as "Just Joey," but every photo I've seen and description I've read suggests that a Joey should be more apricot/orange in appearance with a stronger fragrance.

Any ideas? Many thanks, and I hope the image helps... (It's pretty true to the actual color.)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help with ID of (mislabled?) rose

I find often times they've just had their lables swapped - and if you ask at the lowes you purchased it from what apricot- pink tree rose they carried, they might be able to tell you. They may still have it in stock if you go looking too. I bought a scarlet flowered clematis from lowes which had a nelly moser lable. They carried both nelly and naiobi then, so itwas obvious that i actually had naiobi.
I did buy a rose from Shopko which i think was intentionally mislabled once though. Claimed to be tamora but wasn't (i own tamora already)

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Sat, Jun 30, 12 at 10:46

It looks like my Koko Loco.

o

I bet Seil is right. i just noticed the apricot reverses.... Koko loco is such a wonderment.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Rose Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here