Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19768754

Trying to Identify Rosebush for a Friend.

User
12 years ago

The following is the text from my friend: I have an old rose that I suspect came from a plant swap many years ago. It is absolutely my favorite rose and I would like to know the name if someone recognizes it. Actually I have a few others also without a name and may post them later. Attempting to attach photo. It is a rambling shrub and must have multiflora rose in its parentage (flowers and foliage look multiflora like). Spikes of clusters with pink flowers with a white stripe. Foliage is beautiful and mildew does not bother it. It blooms now in mid-May and will send out a few spikes over the summer. I have attempted to identify and closest I can see is Mrs FW Fleet. Any help appreciated.

I think the color is coming across a bit too dark. The roses are more pink to my eye in natural light. The buds are in a sort of terminal spray and it has reddish hairs along those stems. It does have thorns on older canes. It does not seem to want to climb but just spreads out (photo shows it well). The white is mostly an eye but as you can see from photos, a stripe is sometimes seen as well. If it is fragrant, it is so slight as to be barely there. Appreciate any help.

Image link:

Comments (7)