Return to the Name That Rose Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help me ID 'Distant Drums ?' (photos)

Posted by michelle_co z5 CO (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 28, 07 at 19:46

Hi,

Last season, I received a band from a vendor that was labeled 'Distant Drums ?'. This year, it's blooming, and it's identity is confirmed as Not Distant Drums. Does anyone know it's true name?

It blooms in pale pink clusters, each flower is about 2-2.5" across. Foliage is notably glossy and healthy. It is hardy to Z5. New leaves are mahogany.

Centers are vegetative. Thrips really like the flavor. It has many petals. Flowers stay on the bush a long time.

Buds are short and fat and light pink. They remind me of the buds on some of my Austins...

It has thorns very similar to those of DD - large and brown. The vendor is Rogue Valley, if that gives any clues. I sent them an email and hopefully they will replace the plant now that its blooming and it's definitely not DD.

Cheers,
Michelle

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help me ID 'Distant Drums ?' (photos)

New growth has burgundy notes. Large dilated prickles. DD always has varieties of coffee in the blooms here. Buds are pointed showing dark poiple. Color can be vivid. The foliage on your plant doesn't look right to me.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Rose Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here