Return to the Name That Rose Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can you ID this found rose 2 of 3 (large files)

Posted by Gerry_WyomingPA z5 NEPA (nepagardenguy@aol.com) on
Tue, Jun 7, 05 at 20:50

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Bush

Bud

Nearly open

Full bloom

I am not sure of the age on this one at all, all I know is that it was purchased for my neighbor by her daughter, so I am guessing it is no more than 40 years old or so, guessing being the operative word!

Thanks again!

Gerry

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can you ID this found rose 2 of 3 (large files)

The quilted appearance of the leaves definitely indicates Peace in the heritage. I was going to suggest Miss All-American Beauty, but it almost looks like a better bush habit than Miss AAB. Miss AAB could be the right time frame - 1965.

I wonder if it could also be Karl Herbst - otherwise known as Red Peace, introduced in 1950.

o

It really looks like Electron to me. It was introduced in 1970. Miss All American Beauty is possible too.

o

Hmmm ... you, know - you may be right: Electron. Although it appears fairly tall, it still has a "squat" appearance. Maybe it's reasonable considering the advanced age. Also, the thorns on the canes on the left look right - vicious.

Here's mine - the flowers do look very similar:

o

Yes it sure does look like that, thanks for your concurrence Rosetom. Yours are lovely BTW.

o

I just ID'd a very similar rose and mine's definitely Miss All-American Beauty. I loved the rose so much I went out and bought 3 of them!! It took some looking, but we finally found it! Here are pictures of the "ghetto" rose that blooms in an alley in the town next to ours. I drive by it on my school bus route everyday. Here are some pix of the rose I "found".

Your's looks just like mine!

Ginni

o

Here's the thread I posted about my pink mystery rose. Hope this helps.

Ginni

Here is a link that might be useful: GW thread

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Rose Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here