Return to the Name That Rose Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Another Mystery Rose??

Posted by RamblinRosez7b NJ (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 23, 05 at 21:25

I do not know the name of this rose, but would like to. I think it came from Home Depot or Lowes but not sure. It was one of those packaged bare root roses and I forgot to mark it when I planted it. I feel so stupid. It is a small bush, low to the ground and grows more along the ground than upwards. The scent is mild if any. Now these photos do not bring out the true reddish orange color of the petals. With the yellow it looks sorta illuminated. It opens to a single clustered flower instead of a double bloom form. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Side View

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Another Mystery Rose??

Well someone told me that this could be Playboy. Though I really don't recall the name Playboy for this rose when I planted it. Does anyone already growing Playboy think that this might be it? Or is there another that might look similiar to Playboy that someone might know of?

o

Could it be Betty Boop?

Here is a link that might be useful: betty boop

o

By George I think you got it! I went to helpmefind as you posted and it looks exactly like it. The description of Betty Boop fits mine to a tee. Thank You so much, now I can call it by its rightful name, I know she will be happy. lol

o

Yay! : )

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Rose Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here