Return to the Name That Rose Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dark pink mystery rose

Posted by busyasabee 7MD (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 26, 05 at 21:31

Anyone have any ideas what kind of rose this is? I would love to know the name of this rose. I have attached a photo so you can see.

This rose flowers from Spring to Fall. There's a large flush of blooms in mid-May to June, I then trim, and new flowers emerge throughout the season until Fall. If I don't trim the blooms, they eventually develop into rose hips.
Color - Dark Pink and fades to light pink
Care -- Very little care required. I trim (cut off about 1/3 from the top) in early spring before new leaves come out. I do this so it won't flop during heavy rains and winds. When the flowers emerge, rose bush tends to be top heavy. As for nutrients, in the Fall I sprinkle bone meal around the soil, and throughout the year I will drop my dried banana peels around the base of the plant.
Scent - very faint scent

Here is a link that might be useful: Dark pink mystery rose

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dark pink mystery rose

I don't think the link I originally posted is working. Here it is again:

o

The link isn't working.

o

Busyasabee gave me a rooted cutting of this rose at the last Mid-Atlantic plant swap. It's got a couple of buds, so I'll try to take a close-up photo of the flowers when they bloom.

Meanwhile, I've posted a photo that B. sent me of the bush on the Rose Gallery - it's probably the same one that she tried to link to. As you can see, it's a really pretty shrub!

Here is a link that might be useful: Mystery rose on the Rose Gallery

o

Carefree Beauty.

o

HollySprings, it really does look like some of the photos of Carefree Beauty on Helpmefind.com. Trouble is, busyasabee says it's only lightly scented, and CB is supposed to be strongly fragrant. Of course, our senses of small are all different, so perhaps it is CB.

Here is a link that might be useful: Carefree Beauty on helpmefind.com

o

I haven't sniffed it for a while, or at all stages of bloom form at all seasons at all times of the day, but I don't remember Carefree Beauty having hardly any fragrance at all. I'll go sniff it again this evening if I get a chance.

Patrick

o

Hollysprings & Cecilia - It does look like CB, I did a little research and from the info that I have gathered, it is exact fit with CB from bloom times, appearance, care, and rosehip colors. The only difference is the fragrance or lack of fragrance, it has a very faint scent.

http://w3.goodnews.net/~kkrugh/rose/carefree_beauty.htm

o

CB barely has any scent at all. I don't know of anyone who would ever describe it as strongly scented.

o

my CB is not fragrant either..

o

Thank you all for your input. I will refer to my mystery rose as Carefree Beauty. I inherited this rose from the previous homeowner, and have enjoyed many years of its beautiful blooms. I was always curious as to the name of the rose, but never pursued it until I brought up the subject matter with Cecilia at one of the MAG events. I am very glad that I have a name to go along with this lovely flower!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Rose Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here