Return to the Name That Rose Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pink Climber/Shrub?

Posted by newjersey_rose 6-NJ (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 4, 13 at 22:56

Growing on the side of a hill at one of my customers. Very fragrant small (2-3") semidouble blooms. Very glossy foliage, very much like a polyantha (long and narrow, also with the 7 leaves per stem). Seems to root where it touches the ground. Plant covers the hillside (an area of 10' x 15', and stands about 6' tall) She said she purchased it at a local nursery about 10 years ago......any ideas?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pink Climber/Shrub?

Here's another pic of a spray and the foliage.

o

That looks very similar to an UN-identified rose I have...too bad I can't help you out! Maybe someone will see this! I can't figure out my rose for the life of me, despite hours scouring HMF and the internets.

o

• Posted by bboy USDA 8 Sunset 5 WA (My Page) on
    Mon, Jul 1, 13 at 14:25

Probably 'William Baffin'.

o

Foliage is way too glossy and the flowers have a powerful fragrance so I don't think it's William Baffin. I'm wondering if its a shrub rose that sold one year and then taken off the shelves the next.......aka Jackson and Perkins. The customer says she purchased it at a local nursery about 10 years ago. Thanks for the suggestion though. Gives me the impression of a modern Hybrid Musk.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Rose Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here