rosetom
18 years ago

What say you?

{{gwi:1226801}}
{{gwi:1226802}}

Comments (3)

• johnreb_va7
    18 years ago

I cannot say for *100%-certain" if it's Oklahoma from viewing those photos, excellent though they are.

I think the decision comes down to what the rose's BARELY-OPENED buds look like. The key characteristic I'm talking about here is the black/almost-black which is seen on the edges of (for example) Red Masterpiece's barely-opened buds.

In *my* yard's soil and climate:
    My two Oklahoma bushes' barely-opened buds SOMETIMES show black/almost-black edges. My two Mirandy bushes' barely-opened buds have NEVER showed black edges. They have very-deep purplish-red edges, but not the black/almost-black of Red Masterpiece's barely-opened buds.

Please pardom what may seem to be over-use of all-capitalized spelling above. Strong emphasis was needed for certain words in the description.

Regards,
    JohnReb

• rosetom
    Original Author
    18 years ago

No pardon needed. I was actually surprised at the red of the buds in the bottom picture It's probably a factor of the first flush from the long, cool Spring. Rest assured, the closed/partly-cracked/partly-opened/sepals starting-to-turn-down color of the buds is normally black, black, black.

Got another one for you - check a new post.

• User
    18 years ago

It kinda has that Toro (Uncle Joe) look to it too. But, Toro's blooms are larger than Oklahoma's, and Oklahoma has a stronger scent.