Return to the Name That Rose Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help identifying White Rose

Posted by jsmart (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 23, 06 at 23:38

Hello,
I'd really appreciate some help identifying a white rose that was found near an very old homestead. It has double white blooms,very small reddish hairy prickles all along the stems, and usually 9 small leaves per leafy branch. It has a lovely scent.
Thanks

Northern Rose lover
JSmart

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help identifying White Rose

Pictures and more information would help. Does it repeat?
How big it could grow? Is it a bush or a climber?
Olga

o

I did think of posting a picture but it's done blooming. Mine is only 2 yrs old off the original found at the old homestead. It is a bush type. My friend's(the original) is about 3ft high, and 2ft wide. The leaves are darker, I'm not sure if they are a green-grey like the albas. I'm thinking it may be an OGR as it is not a repeat bloomer, but I've looked and looked on the web and haven't yet found one that looks like it. Would a picture of it without blooms be of much help?
Thanks
Jacqui

o

Yes. Pictures of leaves and canes are often more useful then mug shots of flowers. Unfortunately, it's hard to convince people of that.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Rose Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here