Return to the Name That Rose Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Identification & care of old rose bush

Posted by pchi2 7 (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 26, 12 at 23:54

My mother has a flowerbed that has had no care for years. It has an old rose bush that needs to be pruned and taken care of. I took a picture of it and another close up to show how thick it is. Can anyone help identify it. Is it a rose bush or a climbing rose? Any ideas on improving its condition would really be appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Identification & care of old rose bush

My mother has a flowerbed that has had no care for years. It has an old rose bush that needs to be pruned and taken care of. Can anyone help identify it. Is it a rose bush or a climbing rose? Any ideas on improving its condition would really be appreciated. The first picture was to show how thick the branches are.

o

It reminds me of Bloomfield Abundance.

I will put a link below to the first of several pages of photos on HelpMeFind. See what you think:

Here is a link that might be useful: Bloomfield Abundance photos

o

Your rose looks like 'Cecile Brunner' to me. If it is, CB is a lovely Polyantha that grows well with minimal pruning and without lots of maintenance.

As far as caring for the rose now, remove anything that's dead. You can also remove an old cane or two, if they are not healthy or blooming well. From what I see, this rose is very healthy and happy overall.

Here is a link that might be useful: Description and photos of Cecile Brunner on Help Me Find.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Rose Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here