Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
fleurballs

Pale pink single rose needs identity

fleurballs
13 years ago

Is this rose a form of Dainty Bess or has it another name? This plant is from a very old plant from my Grandfathers farm. The plant was bought to my parents property 50 years ago and then I've moved it several times to where I live now. Thus is was originally planted from the early 20's to the late 50's but there is no one left who might know. The original plant was crushed by a tree in a storm and this is the cutting I managed to save. The rose is not a strong growing plant. The leaves are dark glossy with a red boarder when young. The buds are a hot pink and pale as they open. It is a flowers continuously. The plant grows to around 4' max. I can't find it in any book, however always believed it to be called Isobella. We live in a cool/temperate climate, inland 30 miles, 900 feet above sea level in the Dandenong Ranges, temperatures range from around 28F winter to our record max 116F last year when the fires devestated our state, the average would be 14-104 degrees F and great for rose growing in our great mountain soil.

Image link:

Comments (8)