Return to the Name That Rose Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
rvr mystery rose id (and some bonus pics)

Posted by Lothlin 5b (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 19, 12 at 0:03

This pink guy is the Mystery Rose I got with my last RVR band a while ago. Its popping out some rebloom so I figured I'd throw some info your guys' way to see if anyone has any ideas. Its a pink rose, so I know its a longshot, but who knows, someone may have an idea!

The flower is small, but I'm going to guess that its because of the age of the plant. No fragrance, as far as I can tell, but its been very hot here so may have just evaporated. A few of the flowers that bloomed today seemed to have paler stripes down the middle of the petal, but I didn't snap a pic of that - I can grab one tomorrow, if necessary. New growth on the plant seems to be green, not red.

And as for the bonus roses... a couple of the other bands are blooming.

Augustine Guinouisseau - I'm not really a white rose fan but this one just has such a subtle color fade that its just so charming.

Jeri Jennings... not the best picture but such a robust little thing. I can't wait for 'em to get big enough to put in the ground! (Also, when there's not a drought going on)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: rvr mystery rose id (and some bonus pics)

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Thu, Aug 30, 12 at 21:41

I would email the pic to RVR and see what they think. They'll know what roses they have in stock which will narrow down the search.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Rose Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here