Please help i.d. these beauties...

Appreciate the help with these!

1: Slight fragrance

{{gwi:1227006}}

2: Very fragrant

{{gwi:1227007}}

3: Slight fragrance

{{gwi:1227008}}

4: Note textured edges of flowers -- natural not pest eaten. Not fragrant.

{{gwi:59178}}

5: Purchased as Stars & Stripes. Based on other photos, not so sure it was labled properly. Very fragrant.

{{gwi:1227009}}

Thanks again!

Comments (9)

• olga_6b
    17 years ago

Fizgig, you have to provide more information. Do they all repeat bloomers? Where did you get them and when? What are the bush sizes? What about growth habbit and thorns, etc.
    Olga

• fizgig777 ╰⊰❀ Z7a ❀⊱╮
    Original Author
    17 years ago

They're all repeat bloomer. All have thorns. No climbers. They vary in age from 3-4 years. Not big since they get cut back often due to constant disease issues or [in the case of the last one, to keep it from getting too big]. They all grow just like any other rose, I guess. I don't know what you mean by that, honestly. All roses grow from branches or root, I thought.

• olga_6b
    17 years ago

Fizgig, where did they come from? Local garden center or mail order? This can help somehow to narrow down the possibilities. Garden centers mostly (not all) have the standard selection of roses, nothing too fancy.
    By growth habbit I meant are they upright bushes or arching?
    Are the leaves glossy or not. What is the color of thorns?
    What kind of fragrance? Not just yes or no, but is it classic rose, myrrh, fruity, etc.
    There are many roses that have very similar flowers, especially if we are talking about roses like on your second photo. You probably can find several thousand roses that can you give you this image. So it is really important to show how the leaves, thorns, buds, brunces, etc look.
    Olga

• jerseywendy
    17 years ago

Could #3 possibly be "Glamis Castle"?

• fizgig777 ╰⊰❀ Z7a ❀⊱╮
    Original Author
    17 years ago

OK.... Scent: all have traditional rose scent.

Purchase: #1 was bought in CT at a garden center. The rest were bought locally. None are from online orders.

Thorns: #1, 3, 4 have tan/brownish thorns spaced widely apart on the stems, curling downward; also on the backs of the leaves. #2 has tiny green thorns in abundance giving the stem a 'fuzzy' appearance; also has thorns on the back of leaves. #5 Has green thorns spaced widely apart on the stem, straight thorns; backs of leaves are thorny.

Leaves: #1 is the only one with shiny leaves and dark ones at that. The rest have reg. green leaves.

All are bushes, upright.

I think that's everything requested. Sorry for the delay, but it's been really hot here [120 yesterday] and no one in their right mind would be out there more than necessary ;)

Thanks again!

• mdseagull
    17 years ago

Just guessing here...
    #1 Tequila Sunrise ?
    #2 Belinda's Dream ?

• cyberblue
    17 years ago

I second jerseywendy: I also think #3 is Glamis Castle.
    Cyberblue

• bbianca
    17 years ago

glamis castle for #3 - my first thought.

• sheerbliss
    17 years ago

the first rose looks like Charisma to me.
    Donny

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County