Return to the Name That Rose Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Yellow-peach hybrid tea?

Posted by alison_27 8b (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 11, 09 at 0:27

I just moved into a home with the remnants of a neglected garden. Among my new treasures is this amazing overgrown rose. It's about 8 feet tall? (I'm terrible with height estimates but it's much higher than I am) with large, fragrant blooms in clusters. I love the color (yellow-peach fading to pink), I love the fragrance (slightly peppery, not overpowering but strong enough to waft on the wind) and I love the disease resistance (despite at least 9 months of neglect and likely much more, this is the one rose in the garden with almost no blackspot!) I would love to know what it is and might even want another in my garden.

So...here are some pics! Please help!

Blooms in clusters:

IMGP3301.JPG

Close-up for color:

IMGP3299.JPG

Rosebud and foliage:

IMGP3303.JPG

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Yellow-peach hybrid tea?

Ah, well, it was worth a try...

o

For another data point, if it helps, this rose does not seem to be interested in another round of blooms. The hips are forming nice and large and round, with nary a new flower in the last couple of weeks.

o

It reminds me of Autumn Sunset. Pretty, whatever it is.

If you clip off the spent flowers and hips, it might well surprise you with another cycle of blooms:

Here is a link that might be useful: Autumn Sunset photos

o

Thank you so much for the message, I'd forgotten to have follow-ups emailed!

And gosh, I really think you nailed it. The photos on HMF look EXACTLY like my rose, I even did a double-take thinking that I'd taken one of them. :D This is wonderful information to have, because I was going to prune it like a hybrid tea next spring! Now instead I just have to figure out how I want to train it. Thanks again!!

o

I happy that you checked back here, and that it looks like it really is Autumn Sunset. Enjoy your pretty climber!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Rose Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here