Return to the Name That Rose Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
ok, let's try this again...can anyone help me id this for sure?

Posted by rozaholik Z7 LongIslandNY (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 7, 05 at 0:35

Yo ya'll,
I bought 2 of these 2 years ago at Big Orange with tags "Pink striped mini" and I just stumbled on the HMF with the name Christopher Columbus aka Candy Cover aka Nashville...is this Christopher Columbus aka Candy Cover aka Nashville?

The one I planted in the ground survived, the one I planted in a pot died, but I've cloned another from a branch I accidentally cut off so I have 2 again. The leaves look an awful lot like the ones in the HMF pics too. Pardon the chewed petals...I don't spray.

Here's 3 pics, one of 2 blooms (there's about 10 - 12 petals each so I guess it's semi-double), a pic of the foliage, and another of a cluster of buds and blooms. There's a very light fragrance to my nose, and it's currently about 2 - 4 feet tall with thin, sprawling canes (flopping over if I don't tie them to a stake).

Thanks in advance for any help...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

ROSE ON!

Li

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ok, let's try this again...can anyone help me id this for sur

No idea; isn't that frustrating?! I have the same problem. I wonder if minis are especially hard to ID...

Stef

o

Stars and Stripes?

o

• Posted by Ron_B USDA 8 WA (My Page) on
    Sun, Jul 10, 05 at 17:03

Try taking samples to a local nursery. Or, maybe there is a public collection within reasonable driving distance - reasonable probably defined by how badly you want to know - that actually has the same variety, with a name.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Rose Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here