Return to the Name That Rose Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Just moved to a house with this!

Posted by angelathefirst England, South west (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 17, 14 at 9:13

Absolutely love this rose bush. Can anyone help with what type it is?
I am very new to gardening, our previous house didn't have one, so I'm sorry if this is really obvious.

Thanks, Angela

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Just moved to a house with this!

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Fri, Jul 18, 14 at 18:37

It's a beauty but can you tell us any more about it? Does it repeat bloom all season or just once? Close up photos of leaves, stems, thorns, buds and blooms would also help. Also, how big are the blooms? How tall is it and does it look like it wants to climb or is it a bush type? I know, a lot of questions, but the more we know the more likely we can ID it.

o

Is it fragrant?

o

Possibly Aloha, the original, not the more recent roses of the same name.

o

Sorry just seen all the messages. Thanks for your responses. I found out its 'warm wishes' fryxotic. hybrid tea.
It has a lovely fragrance. The flower starts off orange and turns pink towards the end of the bloom.
It blooms summer - autumn.
I would love to say I worked out what it was, but I actually found a tag in the garden.

o

That was my thought which is AKA Sunset Celebration. A very nice rose which I once grew.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Rose Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here