Return to the Name That Rose Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mandy Hedge Rose? any clues?

Posted by mstudio NJ (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 1, 05 at 9:50

I purchased a couple hedge roses from Costco approximately 8 years ago, and I believe that they came from a west-coast grower.

The description for the rose is : "light orange with azalea-pink margins and a buttercup-yellow base with light gray-green foliage with tints of red...bushy plants with an average of 15 blooms per stem.... light fragrance... highly disease resistant, hardy in winter and grow to 3 1/2 to 4 feet" (that was how it was listed in the Ad, not my words but a good description.

We have lost 2 of them recently and when I pulled the plant the root was a solid 14" long and 3" diameter. Do hedge roses have a limited lifespan or did something else cause them to die?

thanks in advance for your help.

j

Image link: Mandy Hedge Rose? any clues? (21 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mandy Hedge Rose? any clues?

Is see that most people are embedding the image to the post. Here's the photo...

j

o
RE: Mandy Hedge Rose? any clues?

I'd be happy if anyone knows of any roses that are similar, it doesn't need to match.

thanks again,

j

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Rose Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here