Return to the Name That Rose Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Please help ID this rose

Posted by shannababy 5b (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 9, 13 at 12:10

My husband planted two roses (well twigs is what I came home to see really,with nothing on them) from Canadian tire last year and dumped the containers while I was on vacation, I don't know anything about roses other than these are climbing roses and I need to start learning fast as they need to be moved to permanent locations.
So i thought I'd start with IDing them
This is a deep pink almost i would say a hottish slightly orangey pink and is fragrant. Heavy clusters. Is doing well in evening sun only and shade most of day..
Photo taken after heavy rain.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Please help ID this rose

Hi
It's hard to judge pinks online as the hue varies so much with the light and the quality of camera. But if it's a pink climber from Canadian Tire, maybe google John Cabot and John Davis, two roses from the Explorer series.

o

Other likely suspects might be William Baffin, and Morden Centennial. The latter is not a climber but it does get tall, and it looks a lot like this rose.

o

I don't think this one is John Davis... or John Cabot. You are right about the pinks though showing up diff on cameras... This is almost is apricot or peachy pink... (orangeyish hot pink).Does Canadian Tire only carry Explorer roses?

And it does look a lot like modern centennial...

o

No, Cdn Tire could carry any number of roses, I was just starting with the most likely. Are you familiar with helpmefind.com? It's the best database for rose varieties. You can filter according to colour and growth habit etc though you may need to pay for the advanced options.

o

Definitely not William Baffin.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Rose Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here