Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sunflowersrus222

Help me ID this rose please

sunflowersrus222
10 years ago

A friend cut a couple of roses for me from her garden the day my mother passed. She didn't know what they were called. She said her son just buys her rose bushes and she plants them.

It's very fragrant. I could smell them all the way to my front door and I had them in a vase in the back of my house in the kitchen! Thats nearly 80 feet away and I could smell them. The leaves are very pale green. No shine to them at all. The plant itself is not very large. It doesn't appear to be a tea and is not very bushy. Don't know if its just how she cuts the plant itself or what. The blooms appear to have pink on the edges and as you get closer to the center its more and more peachish in color. The blooms are about 3 inches across.

I don't mind if I can't get the exact rose but would like to find something similar to it. Just love the color of these and the fragrance is fabulous.

This post was edited by sunflowersrus222 on Tue, Jul 2, 13 at 12:40

Comments (11)

• sunflowersrus222
    Original Author
    10 years ago

here is a photo taken a few days later after they had both opened up.

• sunflowersrus222
    Original Author
    10 years ago

here is another

• nummykitchen
    10 years ago

Looks like Tiffany to me!

• sunflowersrus222
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you nummykitchen. The colors certainly look like Tiffany to me. The greens are not the same but I'm not really after the same exact rose. The colors and fragrance are what interested me. I can smell these roses as far away as the sidewalk when I walk past my neighbors yard. I just fell in love with the them and since I got the clippings the day my mother passed away it has meaning to me. She keeps telling me to come into her yard any time and cut some roses but I don't feel right doing that.

I had been looking all over for a rose that looked similar (finding the exact rose would be a shot in the dark) but wasn't finding anything remotely close. So glad I asked here. I'm going to put the Tiffany rose on my wish list. I see that heirloom roses carries them.

• nummykitchen
    10 years ago

No problem! I grew Tiffany last year and loved her. Very fragrant and beautiful pink blooms with yellow at the base. Unfortunately mine did not make it through the winter (maybe because I planted too shallow, not sure). Very sweet sentiment to remember your mother, I hope you find the perfect rose. :)

Andrea

• nummykitchen
    10 years ago

No problem! I grew Tiffany last year and loved her. Very fragrant and beautiful pink blooms with yellow at the base. Unfortunately mine did not make it through the winter (maybe because I planted too shallow, not sure). Very sweet sentiment to remember your mother, I hope you find the perfect rose. :)

Andrea

• cjrosaphile
    10 years ago

I'm going to disagree with the others. It looks like Elle to me. Tiffany has larger blooms and is a more substantial plant. Elle stays shorter and was not all that vigorous for me. Take a look at Help Me Find and look at several pages of photos. I think that the blooms look more like Elle.

• sunflowersrus222
    Original Author
    10 years ago

According to heirloom roses the Elle is only moderately fragrant. What I'm looking for is extremely fragrant. Which is more to the Tiffany.

• valerianet
    10 years ago

take a look to my "elle" which is fragant.
    hope it helps

• sunflowersrus222
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Your Elle looks beautiful. I put both the Elle and Tiffany on my list and will buy both next time I place my order. I just fell in love with the color combination and the fragrance so 2 different roses with similar colors will certainly make me happy.

• seil zone 6b MI
    10 years ago

I'm going to vote for Elle too. It looks just like mine!

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert