Return to the Name That Rose Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Closer pic. of Rose, needs a name

Posted by mje769 z5 NE. (mje769@yahoo.com) on
Wed, Jul 6, 05 at 14:01

I was given this rose 3 years ago and have never found a name for it. It gets 4 to 5 buds on one stem, deep pink in color. Very fragrant. The flowers are very compact. Last year it got to 36" tall and had about 18 buds on it. This is a bush variety.
Can you name this rose?
Thank You,
Marsha

Image link: Closer pic. of Rose, needs a name (29 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Closer pic. of Rose, needs a name

reminds me of Hybrid tea South Seas...

o

Thanks for getting back to me TropicalRose. The rose I have is a florabunda, looks like the America rose. I searched for the South Seas but had no luck finding it. When I had them planted in full sun they got to at least 4 to 5 foot tall. This year I have them in morning sun only and they are only 1 foot tall. They are good bloomers but next year full sun again.

o

go to

http://www.helpmefind.com/rose/l.php?i=A5878&tab=10

I have grown SS before and the colour is more orangey pink than pure pink.... but it has distinctive roundish leaflets...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Rose Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here