Return to the Name That Rose Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fushia/White rose need name

Posted by pinkminicoopr Z9 CA (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 23, 05 at 14:32

I took a cutting of this in my neighborhood. The cutting is doing good so far, if anyone has an idea of the name it would be great!

Chrystine

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fushia/White rose need name

Without any other information, it looks like the climber, Fourth of July.

o

Oh yes I did forget to describe the parent I took it from! :) Well I thought of 4th of July, but this was not a climber. It was a hearty older bush very upright canes.

o

Definitely not 4th of July, which I have in my garden-it is semi-double, with 5-7 petals per bloom-the rose in the photo has too many petals. Looks more like Stars 'n Stripes to me-but that is a mini-so the size of the blooms as well as petal count are important clues to consider. Check out the link below for more info on Stars 'n Stripes.

If your rose happens to be a larger-flowered red-striped rose, a possibility might be Freedom's Ring, also listed at HelpMeFind-the picture by Candice Haase looks very similar to yours. Just some possibilities to get you started-hope it helps. bren

Here is a link that might be useful: Stars 'n Stripes

o

Another possibility worth mentioning-Peppermint Twist-check out the link below.

There are several things to consider in trying to narrow down your identification process-such as 'what is the fragrance level'?-'how does it bloom (singly, or in clusters)?'-along with the size of the blooms and the petal count, among other things (sometimes the age of the plant in question is also key-such as how long has it been at its location-for example, since 4th of July is a relatively recent introduction to the red-striped rose genre, this might have eliminated it as a choice if you knew your rose had been at its current location for the past 10 years).

Good luck on your id-I still have one I can't seem to get a definitive name for yet, despite diligent searching.

Here is a link that might be useful: Peppermint Twist

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Rose Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here