Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
azmountains_gardener

3 Unknown Roses, 1 Dr. Huey Perhaps?

I need help identifying three roses, one pink and two red. My parents planted them 25 to 30 years ago and cannot remember their names.

The one for this post is either a climber or rambler. This is the one I would guess is Dr. Huey. My mom says that it's flowers and form (climber/rambler) have always been the same, so no chance of a grafted rose being overtaken by the rootstock. It's canes are 8-10 feet long. It flowers once per year, almost always in late May (though this year it didn't bloom until the middle of June). It's flowers have, on average, about 15 petals. The color is red. The form of the flower is double but open, with golden stamens. It has a very light, spicy scent.

I didn't think of trying to identify these roses until just the other day, so this and the pink rose's flowers are pretty far gone. Therefore, I don't have very good pictures of the flowers.

Here is a link that might be useful: I couldn't put the pictures in this post (the files were too big), so I added them to my Flickr account, so click on this link to go there.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Capital City Construction & Remodeling
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars6 Reviews
Franklin County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living