Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
azmountains_gardener

Final of the 3 Unknown Roses

This is the last one (for now). By the way, the reason I am doing all three in separate posts is because I can't put more than one link in a post.

This rose is 4 feet high and 3 feet wide. It's flowers are red to dark, velvety red. The backside of the petals, however, are pinkish. Some of the petals also have darker areas (see the link for pictures of this), but I'm not sure if this is a characteristic of the rose or a disease. The blooms are double and have about 35 petals. It has a strong, sweet, floral scent. It is currently flowering (so I have good pictures of this one's blooms), and I think, if I remember correctly from last year, it is remontant.

If you're interested, I have two other posts in the Name That Rose forum entitled "3 Unknown Roses, 1 Dr. Huey Perhaps?" and "2nd of 3 Unknown Roses". I also have a post in the Name That Plant forum entitled "Unkown pink-flowering perennial."

Here is a link that might be useful: I have good pictures of this rose on Flickr, click this link to see them.

Comments (5)