Return to the Name That Rose Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Marijke Koopman?

Posted by Sara-Ann z6b OK (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 7, 13 at 16:53

This fully open bloom is supposed to be Marijke Koopman. I have no idea what it is. I've ordered dozens of roses thru the years, I can only recall one other time I received a mis-labeled one. Does anyone have any idea what it is?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Marijke Koopman?

This is the same bloom taken earlier. To tell you the truth I think it is gorgeous, but I didn't think it was Marijke Koopman, because I could see the golden shadings, when it opened I was sure. I ordered 2 and the other has one unopened bloom, pretty sure it is the right one. I have only seen pictures of this rose and never seen any indication that it was anything but pink, both from the photos and the descriptions.

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Fri, Jul 12, 13 at 20:49

That is not Marijke Koopman. This is my Marijke.
Marijke Koopman photo mk2012_06230018.jpg
You can see it doesn't have any yellow in it like yours and has fewer petals too.

It looks more like Dream Come True, Granada or Mardi Gras to me. Those are all yellow/orange/reddish blends.

DCT
Dream Come True photo 2012_05310033copy.jpg

Grenada
Granada photo gra2012_06060016_zps5f1ea72d.jpg

Mardis Gras
Mardi Gras photo mg2012_06140020.jpg

o

Seil - Thanks. The coloring seems to be closest to Granada. I'm not sure yet. Since it is own-root maybe the bush needs to mature a little more to be able to tell for sure.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Rose Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here