Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flyingcross

Please help me ID this rose

flyingcross
9 years ago

Hello everyone. Let me start off by saying I know next to nothing about roses, although I have been on this site looking around a few times trying to learn more.

When we moved into our house it had been vacant for 5 years, we have been here 3 years and there is a tiny little rose bush by the back door. I thought it was a lost cause so I never watered it. So other then the couple of inches of rain every year, it hasn't been water or tended to in 8 years. It did always keep some leaves on it so I always mowed around it for some reason. Last year my husband stomped all over it working on the house, but it came back this year. We have gotten more rain this year then we have the last 5 years put together, so it went crazy. Every morning my dog pees on it. My son's puppy decided to "prune" it for me and then I really thought it was going to croak on me. Instead it started blooming.

So since my neglect and the dogs haven't killed it yet, I guess I should try to figure out what it is... and try to learn how to take care of it... and how exactly to move it out of the danger zone of the back yard. This little thing really wants to live haha.

The flowers are about the size of a quarter, and before the puppy mauled it... it was about 2 foot tall but sort of leggy if that makes sense. More like an octopus instead of a bush. (I don't know if that matters)

Thanks for looking, and any tips would be appreciated.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio