Return to the Name That Rose Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rose ID help..

Posted by Love4Gardening 11 HI (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 16, 05 at 18:48

Hi...I just noticed on one of the rose plants that I got from Wal-Mart has a metal tag attatched to the base and it says CL New Year. Does anyone know what this means or knows anything about this rose. I beleive it's a bright orange. I think that's what the photo looked like that was on the pot. Any help would be great. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rose ID help..

The "CL" on the metal ID-tag means the rose is in the Climber class of roses. In your specific case, it identifies your rose as being Climbing New Year. (There is a non-climbing version of New Year.)

I have two Climbing New Year bushes in my yard. (I bought a second one because I was quite pleased with the forst one's blooms and fragrance-quality.)

I'd say the blooms' color is "true" orange. When the blooms are exposed to a full day of direct sunlight, the edges of their petals will "blush" pinkish.

You can read description-data and see a good photo of Climbing New Year at the following URL:
http://www.helpmefind.com/rose/pl.php?n=4467
(Or use the Link at the end of this post.)

The description-data says CL New Year averages between 6 and 14 petals per bloom. In my yard, it averages between 14 and 23 petals ...and I've NEVER seen it have less than 14. It has moderate-strength (but very pleasant) fragrance.

Regards,
JohnReb

Here is a link that might be useful: Climbing New Year photo & info at HelpMeFind dotcom

o
RE: Rose ID help..

Thanks so much JohnReb. I'm glad that I saw the tag on the plant. Do you train yours on some type of trellis or garden structure?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Rose Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here