Return to the Name That Rose Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mystery Rose, Please Help Identify!

Posted by KendraSchmidt none (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 12, 12 at 19:54

Hello,

This flower, I was told on GW, is indeed a rose. My question is, what kind of rose is this? Why is it so small? Will it get larger? Is there a link to information on this particular rose (and what is this rose's name?)?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks all.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mystery Rose, Please Help Identify!

Looks like my Bonica. It has no scent- does yours?

o

Looks like my Bonica. It has no scent- does yours?

o

Actually- maybe it's Manetti (the rootstock). ? I personally have never seen the Manetti rose- but the pictures are similar. Bonica is pretty common tho.

o

I grow Manettii, and the blooms are paler with fewer, wider petals. The foliage is somewhat different too.

I'll put a link below to a photo:

Here is a link that might be useful: Manettii close-up

o

I agree that it looks like Bonica. If you google Help Me Find / Roses, you will get to a site where you can search under the name Bonica, and see dozens of pictures so that you can compare them to your rose.

To answer your other questions, roses come in all shapes and sizes, as well as colors. This is a rose with clusters of small flowers. The flowers will not get bigger - they are supposed to be small.

If you let us know where you are (what part of what state), there might be a rose nursery or public garden near you where you could go in the Spring, and see roses of many different styles, sizes, shapes and colors, if you are interested.

Jackie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Rose Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here