Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lovelymornings

Mispotted rose but nursery has no clue (help id)

lovelymornings
13 years ago

I bought a few roses at a local store came from a local supplier. (old timer was tagged on this pot) Dark coppery yellow large rose.) Planted with a grouping of yellow roses.

She just budded the other day, I was suspicious of the dark magenta hued bud. Thought maybe it is the copper tone.

But alas no... the prettiest rose bloomed. very compact tulip shaped bud, opened like a little english rose. smell is very tea rose sweet, like perfume. (strong).

It was dark violet pink, but like it had been dusted with the color with a powder puff, It turned a brighter pink and a few days later now has graduated to a lilac color.

It is a lovely little rose. Called the supplier and they had no clue. asked if they could figure it out by name, perhaps it sat next to old timer on the propagation table..

They said they would have to see it and did not want to be bothered with an email. so here I am wondering if anyone has this rose. The pinkest pix are of the rose blooming for a couple days, the rose is now a lilac color turned a few days later.

Image link:

Comments (4)