Return to the Name That Rose Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Deep orange rose, with an even deeper orange reverse.

Posted by Cactus_joe 7b (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 11, 05 at 21:23

And, I think, misnamed. This was photographed at a public rose garden. It is labelled as Jema. Now, I have seen JEMA, and if I am not mistaken, this is not Jema. I have seen other roses in the same garden clearly mislabelled or mispelt. It is deep orange, with an even deeper orange reverse. Looks like a HT growth habit and a bit of a hybrid tea form. Not fragrant. What is it?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Deep orange rose, with an even deeper orange reverse.

It looks a lot like About Face...

Gorgeous photo, by the way!
Dawn

Here is a link that might be useful: About Face at helpmefind

o

Looks like About Face to me, too. I just got done doing a lot of research to find info on About Face. I got a mislabeled rose from a vendor...supposed to be Honey Dijon and it was About Face, I'm pretty sure.

Ginni

o

Definitely About Face, judging by the pictures on HMF. Thanks! I have a mind to tell the folks who manage the gardens the errors in their labelling. Or maybe not!

o

I came across this rose yesterday on HelpMeFind-also similar to your photo.

Here is a link that might be useful: California rose

o

Hmmmm... About Face is a very "new" rose-variety. It was introduced in 2003. So, you might want to check with whoever operates that public rose garden to see when it was planted. If before 2003, it's "very unlikely" to be About Face. If 2003 or after, About Face seems to be the most-likely guess.

If it's older than 2003, get back to us and we'll keep researching its identity.

Regards,
JohnReb

o

No, it does not look like California rose, whose orange is a little on the "burnt" side. This rose is almost brilliant orange. The contrast in the reverse is also more drammatic than California rose.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Rose Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here