Return to the Name That Rose Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help with identifying two roses

Posted by donnaroe 6b Ohio (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 15, 14 at 22:53

I purchased these at Lowes last weekend. The second photo I will be posting is light pink one which photographed true to color. It is a pale pink�. and appears to be a floribunda. I detect no scent in this rose. The tag at Lowes said BLEND in big black capital letters. How ridiculous is that?

The photo attached to this first post did not photograph true to color. The photo looks like a hot pink- the actual rose that I am trying to name is a coral orange- leaning more toward orange. I detect no scent in this rose either. The tag on this one says Multi Colored Rose -underneath that it says:
Kordes Perefecta/Lucky Blue/Flamenco
(Pink bicolor) (Lavender) (Yellow, Orange, Pink)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help with identifying two roses

This is the photo of the pale pink rose.

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Fri, Jul 18, 14 at 18:55

Were these bagged bare roots or potted roses? The bagged ones are notorious for being mislabeled and the potted ones at places like Lowes are notorious for being just labeled by color instead of with the true name.

Can you get a more color accurate photo of the first one? That would help a lot. The second one might be Queen Elizabeth.

o

Emmiegray thinks your first rose is either Electron or Miss All American Beauty.

Does the second one have more than one bloom per stem, or only one per stem? If more than one bloom per stem, could be Queen Elizabeth.

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Wed, Jul 23, 14 at 20:13

Yes, I thought of Queen Elizabeth too but it looks too pale to me. Mine was always a deeper shade of pink and didn't white out as much as it faded.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Rose Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here