Return to the Name That Rose Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pretty little mystery apricot rose, maybe Ambridge?

Posted by kutekaos 8a (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 29, 13 at 0:02

So the first place I ever ordered roses from was Burgess. I have learned my lesson, I was a newbie. So they sent me this rose, it was suppose to be an Orange Velvet Climber, it is not. It has grown about a little taller than a foot. It has a wonderful rose smell too. It reminds me of Ambridge rose, but the oetals look a bit too tapered.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pretty little mystery apricot rose, maybe Ambridge?

Here is another picture.

o

It's not too cupped or flat.

o

Here is a side shot fully open.

o

Here is the whole plant, it was a bareroot in April or May.

o

Here are pics of the buds. I know it bloomed in spring when I got it and now it's blooming again. I'm not sure if it got too hot or it only has two flushes.

o

Here are pics of the buds. I know it bloomed in spring when I got it and now it's blooming again. I'm not sure if it got too hot or it only has two flushes.

o

why not 'just joey', 1st pic shows beautifully frilled petals...

o

I wanted it to be Just Joey so bad, but the second picture it opens up different. JJ is very ruffled and lacey looking, beautiful, the one I have is more like a pom pom lol. I've been on help me find :-)

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Sun, Feb 2, 14 at 14:51

That doesn't look like Just Joey to me at all. JJ has fewer petals and a more classic HT form to the bloom, not that cupped shape.

It does look like Ambridge Rose but there are several Austins in that color that it could be. I'd go to the David Austin site, or order their catalog, and keep comparing it as it matures.

o

I wanted it to be Just Joey, but I agree, it's not. I've been waiting for it to get bigger and it hasn't grown at all. Given it's winter, but I asked for another rose replacement because it wasn't what I ordered and I got the same rose. They said it was Orange Velvet climbing rose. Both are still the same size as in the picture. Same type of bloom and smell lol. I'm just at a loss:)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Rose Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here