Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
laurelzito

Here is an orange yellow rose called Sunset

Laurel Zito
12 years ago

This orange yellow rose, I took photos at a nursery and I marked it as sunset, but I looked up sunset as a rose, there is no orange rose that looks like this called sunset. It could be sunset "something" or "something" sunset, but I did not see any rose on find me a rose that looks like this one.

Here is a link that might be useful: Sunset Rose

Comments (16)

• Laurel Zito
    Original Author
    12 years ago

It could this rose, I am going to look again at the nursery it came from to see if I can get a better ID. Tahitian Sunset was the name I was thinking of, but I think I would have written down that. Almost sunset is a bad name for the rose, its makes one think it is lacking. Maybe Citrus Sunset would be better?

Here is a link that might be useful: almost sunset rose

• Laurel Zito
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Those are more pink orange this is yellow orange, but I am sure of sunset, I not sun, I went back, but they did not have it any more. I should have bought it in 2004, now I will never find it again.

• Laurel Zito
    Original Author
    12 years ago

It could have been mislabeled, but I had photographed the tag, so sunset can't be a mistake, but it could be mislabeled. It was nice, did not look like a sunset anyway, no pink or red in it.

• Laurel Zito
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I found a yellow rose called sunset on every rose com, with no photo and no information other then the name sunset. I thought it was orange, but it could be considered yellow with orange I guess. That could be it.

• seil zone 6b MI
    12 years ago

Could it be Tahitian Sunset? I found quite a few roses with sunset in their names on HMF but a lot of them seem more orange than yellow.

• petaloid
    12 years ago

Here's another possibility, Sunset Celebration:

Here is a link that might be useful: Sunset Celebration

• petaloid
    12 years ago

It just occurred to me that there is a popular rose named Sundowner that might be a match.

I'll put a link below to the first of three pages of photos.

See what you think:

Here is a link that might be useful: Sundowner

• kstrong
    12 years ago

Was this picture taken more than a few years ago? There is a rose called Almost Sunset that looks like this, that has been off the general market in the US for at least 10 years. But it has "Sunset" and that coloration.

Sundance is another one of that coloration, but which is still commonly available.

• Laurel Zito
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I checked the photos date and it was from 2004 and that is the year of Sundance. It must have either been mislabled or else I made a mistake, but I had taken photo of the labels so I could ID all the roses when I got home. But, it does look extactly like Sundance rose which I found quickly on google. This was the first result.

Here is a link that might be useful: Sundance

• kstrong
    12 years ago

Oh wait -- I'm feeling like a dummy here because I NOW recognize it -- It's Autumn Sunset, an easily available sport of Westerland. It's just that that photo is in full sun, which makes the colors look somewhat brighter than they actually are.

• Laurel Zito
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I did make an enquirer to them about the rose, but I did not hear back. They have sort of disappeared since early sept, but they do have a you tube video of the rose which could be helpful for ID. It sure does look like the rose I remember it was in terms of the color. The other sunset types had pink in them, and this one has no pink tint. Well even if I can't have it, at least I have a photo of it and an ID.

Here is a link that might be useful: video of the rose

• Laurel Zito
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I did an image search for that, those have pink in them also. I should not order from any place that does not take pay pal, because if people don't send the product they lose thier pay pal account, so that is a bad sign right there. Roses grow really badly in san francisco anyway, but I do like to dream. :)

• kstrong
    12 years ago

Just noticed that Rogue Valley Roses just put Autumn Sunset on sale for $10 plus shipping. You may want to pop on over there.

Here is a link that might be useful: Autumn Sunset at Rogue Valley Roses

• bug_girl
    12 years ago

There may be just one left at Garden Valley. Call ahead of time.

Here is a link that might be useful: Garden Valley