Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tropical_philippines

'Deep Red' Rose for I. D.

Please help me ID this 'deep red' rose. The flowers tend to open fully as shown in the upper leftmost flower. The color of this rose is actually 'deep red' or 'dark red'. However, my camera metered the center of the rose so the captured photo seems 'lighter' and 'brighter' red in color than in real life (which is 'dark red' or 'deep red').

Other important characteristics: This is a florist rose (bought it from a sidewalk vendor) and it has an almost 'negligible', very slight 'tea' fragrance. The flower size when fully open is about 2 - 3 inches. Bud size is about an inch. Petals are thick and tend to stay on the flower and do not drop easily even when the flower has aged or wilted. Cut flowers even when still in bud can continue to open in the vase and last long.

The stem has FEW small to medium sized thorns. Sorry I don't have 'culture data' on this rose (blooming season, period, frequency, etc.) as I don't have the plant (only the flowers). Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

tropical

Comments (2)