Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
idaf_gw

I need to identify a rose

idaf
14 years ago

Hello all! I don't think I have ever posted here...I'm usually on the daylily site-lurking. But I grew a rose, probably 10 years ago that I would dearly love to replace.The rose is long gone, as well as the marker. That was before the wonders of digital photography, so I have no picture to show you.I'll try to describe it.. Best I remember it was a large flowered rose pink/coral hybrid tea. The distinguishing trait was the glowing center, like when you looked into the bloom, it appeared to be as smoldering coals. I have never seen this look on another rose. It was definitely from J&P. If anyone remembers this rose and has a name for it, I would be most appreciative. A source would just make my day! Thank you for your time! Ida

Comments (10)

• petaloid
    14 years ago

I'll put a link to photos of J&P hybrid teas from their website. It could also have been a grandiflora.

Here is a link that might be useful: J&P hybrid teas

• idaf
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you petaloid, for your response. I looked through all the hybrid teas, floribundas and all the grandifloras and did not see what I was looking for. I feel confident I would recognize it by the name if I saw it. But then, I never thought I would need to write it down either... I wonder if there is a list of roses out there somewhere, maybe from a different seller than J&P, as it looks as if this one was discontinued at J&P. Ida

• diane_nj 6b/7a
    14 years ago

Ida, there is a site called helpmefind.com/roses that is a huge database of roses. I have linked the advanced search page below. You can click on "Class" then check the "Hybrid Tea" box and then "Continue" and then clicn on "Color" and make choices there ("Coral" and "Hybrid Tea" didn't give much, you may want to widen to Orange and Orange-pink). Good luck.

Here is a link that might be useful: Helpmefind.com Advanced Search

• idaf
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks for the link Diane. That should keep me busy for a while, with all the possible combinations. I will get back with you if the name pops up, and I am very hopeful it will. Thanks again! Ida

• idaf
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I'm still searching for that elusive rose. helpmefind was no help. I was only able to search for one attribute, even after I registered. I could search for hybrid tea, but no color, no nothing else. Anyway, I found a name on rosesunlimited that sounded familiar. Could be "my" rose, except it's not pink and it's not actually a J&P rose, but was marketed by J&P. Does anyone have a picture of MILESTONE to share? Thanks in advance! Ida

• petaloid
    14 years ago

I'm not sure I understand why you couldn't search for several attributes on the HelpMeFind advanced search. Sounds frustrating.

There are photos of Milestone on the link below:

Here is a link that might be useful: Milestone

• idaf
    Original Author
    14 years ago

petaloid - I never did understand either about the search feature. I ended up searching out all hybrid teas, which took a whole Sunday afternoon. Anyway, thank you so much for the link to the pictures of Milestone! I am almost sure that is the one that is stuck in my mind. I guess the lighter infusion in the center was the reason I remembered it as being pink. I just received a confirmation of availability from RosesUnlimited, so now maybe I can let this rest. Thanks again to all who responded! Ida

• theroselvr
    14 years ago

You have to be a paid member in order to use more then one search feature.

• theroselvr
    13 years ago

If you are still around; email me. I have catalogs from 10 years ago.

roselvr@gmail.com

• theroselvr
    13 years ago

I'm going to post here what I just emailed in case your spam filter gets me.

Listing various types; just in case it was not a HT.

I opened my grower book from 2000-2001; here are some coral & pink blends names J&P
    Artistry
    candelabra
    chicago peace
    Gemini
    Glowing Peace
    Spice Twice
    Touch Of Class
    Voodoo

Crackling Fire - mini - description reminds me of what you describe - coppery orange flowers that are almost too hot to touch

Confetti - shrub
    Kaleidoscope - shrub

grower book from 2000-2001; here are some coral & pink blends names non J&P

LeAnn Rimes
    Octoberfest
    Perfect Moment
    Reba McEntire
    Rosie O'Donnell
    Sunset Celebration

Marmalade skies (FL)
    Sarabande (FL)

Sponsored