Return to the Name That Rose Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Got this as Honey Dijon from Parks...

Posted by cajunrosegal 9- South Louisiana (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 4, 06 at 10:45

Any idea what the name of this is? It was supposed to be Honey Dijon...NOT!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Got this as Honey Dijon from Parks...

Called Parks, they said its grafted on Dr. Huey so looks like Dr. Huey took over!
Will it ever bloom Honey Dijon?
Angela

o

"Dr. Huey" is red, but it generally blooms in clusters and the petals are not as broad as those of your mystery rose, having a touch of white where they attach. The foliage is also smaller and less glossy than what I see in your photo.

I'm guessing they sent you "Altissimo" by mistake, which is one of the very best upright climbing roses in my area.

I'll put a link to the HelpMeFind photos below -- see what you think:

Here is a link that might be useful: Altissimo photos

o

Its bush form with straight canes...This blossom seems a bit askew from the look of the other buds. When she blooms again Ill take another picture.

o

Looks like my "Home Run".
Olga

o

The foliage on Altissimo is big and glossy with large blooms. Although the blooms on Home Run are similar I think they are smaller and that the foliage is more matt.

Climbers can take some time to build up to size, and I still think your rose may be Altissimo.

Please take a look at the photos in the link I put above. Click on the thumbnails for larger pictures and check all details to see if they match your rose. You can find Home Run on the same site and see what you think (It looks very cute to me, actually, and I think I want it!)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Rose Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here