Return to the Name That Rose Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Please help ID this rose

Posted by westseattledeb 8 (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 3, 10 at 15:05

Just getting into rose gardening; having purchased a house with lots of overgrown, neglected old bushes. This particular one was 6-7 feet tall with five large buds on 3-4 canes. I cut it back to 3 feet about 7 weeks ago and it developed new canes and branching on the cut canes. Now has around 30 buds and blossoms, and is around 4 feet tall. Fully opened, the blossoms are about 4" across and very sweet rose scented. (You can smell it from several yards away on a sunny day)

Foliage and buds and blossoms
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

A single bloom 3/4 open (washed out by sunlight the other photo is more representative of color)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm wondering if it is Tiffany because of the strong rose scent and multiple well shaped blooms. Best guess is it was planted about 20 years ago by the previous home owner.

Thank you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Please help ID this rose

Looking at your photos, before I read your final comment, my best guess was Tiffany. So lovely, whatever its name.

o
RE: Please help ID this rose

Yellow at the base? If yes, then Tiffany for sure. And a very, very, nice one at that!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Rose Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here