Return to the Name That Rose Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I love these roses but have no clue as to name

Posted by Lynn_ColoSpgs 5b (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 8, 14 at 15:07

About 4 years ago, I purchased these 3 roses from Lowes for $5 apiece. I wanted to see what would grow here (lifelong East Coaster) before hitting the local nursery. They didn't name the cultivar, only had a tag that said "Landscaping Rose". Well, it turns out that I fell in love with them and would like to purchase more for a new bed that I will be putting in next Spring. They are highly fragranced - almost identical to my Gertrude Jekylls, and have an arching habit. They are self deadheading with a massive first bloom in late May and a fairly sparse second bloom beginning now in August. They bloom in clusters. I have several pictures, this one of a single flower.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I love these roses but have no clue as to name

Oh, and the blooms are about 2.5" in diameter. This next picture is of a cluster of buds.

o

This picture is a close up of the leaves. I have pictures of the base and the entire group, if need be.

o

I had originally thought Therese Bugnet, and now I believe that's correct. The reason I wasn't completely sure was the fact that the descriptions I have read say that they bloom continuously. I have found that people in this area describe the blooming habit that I experience.

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Thu, Aug 14, 14 at 18:57

I have a couple of different OGRs that are described as repeaters. I've found in my short season they only bloom once for me.

o

Every time I see Therese Bugnet at various gardens around here this summer, it's not blooming.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Rose Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here