Return to the Name That Rose Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone recognize this rose?

Posted by pmckoy SC (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 1, 07 at 17:17

Hi. I am new to roses (and already obsessed!) and new to this forum. I bought this rose at Lowes. It was supposed to be Europeana, but it obviously is not. I've taken pictures of the open flowers, and several of different buds. Anyone recognize it. Its a beautiful flower, almost looks like a peony when it is open. A lot of white, shading out to pink, then getting darker mauve. Wonder if it is Table Mountain. Any suggestions? Hope I can figure out how to post the photos. Thanks, Peggy

Image link: Anyone recognize this rose? (45 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone recognize this rose?

Hi. I've added more pictures at this link http://rosesbypeggy.shutterfly.com/action/
Hope that works! I've been looking at pictures of Table Mountain and I think my rose might have more petals, although the coloring looks pretty close. Would a newer rose such Table Mountain show up unmarked (maybe it was a lost tag) at Lowes? Thanks for your help! Peggy

Here is a link that might be useful: Roses

o

It isn't Table Mountain. The green on the outer, or "guard" petal, might be a characteristic of the bloom, but TM is something else altogether.

o

H. I've added more photos to my album at shutterfly. Link is below. Someone on another forum suggested Chicago Peace. The mature flower does resemble the shape of Peace, just more white and no yellow. Thanks for your help.

Here is a link that might be useful: Unknown rose

o

Looks like my Chicago Peace.

o

Abraham Darby????

o

Chicago Peace - the colors are variable depending on soil, location, etc. Mine here in MD is sometimes almost coral and yellow, other times quite pale just like the pics

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Rose Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here