Return to the Name That Rose Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
mini rose... what kind of mini is this???

Posted by nhchicky New Hampshire (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 4, 08 at 17:55

Hello everyone i am new. i do hope mini roses are welcome to this forum ;). anyway i have this rose i bought at hannaford. i would love to know what kind it is.. this is one of my 5 minis i have. i have no idea what kinda any of them are. please help !!! :):):)this one first ;) thanks guys!!!

Image link: mini rose... what kind of mini is this??? (37 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: mini rose... what kind of mini is this???

How tall is it ?

o

I didn't know what "hannaford" was, but coincidentally, it was mentioned in an article in yesterday's NY Times about supermarkets.

The mini is probably one hybridized by Poulsen Rosen, from the Poulsen Parade series of miniature roses.
The plants were grown indoors, in greenhouses. They are own root. Although typically sold as "throw away gift" plants, they can (and should) be grown outdoors.

o

well when i posted this message it was only about 8 inches tall. NOW its about 15 inches growing like a weed!!!! and ty diane nj. ive noticed lately that the supermarkets carry alot of the "parade" variety's :)

o

• Posted by roselvr Burlington Coun (My Page) on
    Sat, Aug 23, 08 at 14:47

I actually had the same one, it didn't survive our move. I got it at the supermarket. Mine was not tagged with a name, don't recall if I ID'd it at the parade site or not. My computer went down in March, haven't gotten it running yet

Since you are in NH you might want to make sure you winter protect it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Rose Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here