Return to the Name That Rose Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cut Rose Identify help please Its lovely!

Posted by shnookie MA (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 13, 11 at 22:30

I purchased roses that are so beautiful at a local grocery store. They are the most the beautiful roses I have ever seen! Is there anyone here that can help me identify these pretty roses? The petals have ruffles on the edges. They are so full as the started to pass the became purple looking with darker purple edges still lovely. I wondering if it is a type i can grow for my garden. Thank you so much!

Image link: Cut Rose Identify help please Its lovely! (35 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cut Rose Identify help please Its lovely!

• Posted by seil z6 MI (My Page) on
    Sun, Aug 14, 11 at 14:10

It's very hard to ID a rose from one picture of the bloom. My suggestion would be to go back to the grocery store you bought them at and ask to talk to the person that orders their flowers. They should be able to tell you what they ordered.

o

Seil gives good advice, as usual.

Just want to warn you that, unfortunately, most florist varieties of roses grow well inside the controlled conditions of a greenhouse, but not in the open air of our gardens.

I have tried a few, and had to spray them constantly to prevent fungus diseases. The blooms were also smaller when grown outdoors.

Let's hope that is one of the few that do grow well outdoors.

o

There is a variety available for the home grower, Hot Princess, that looks a lot like your rose. You'll have to hunt around for it, it isn't readily available from local garden centers.

o

The only one that can be deep pink with ruffles is Yves Piaget. See the images in the below link:

Here is a link that might be useful: Pictures of Yves Piaget rose

o

I am certain that the OP's rose is Hot Princess, it is used as a florist rose. I grow it, and it has the same characteristics when it opens. Yves Piaget is similar, but isn't sold in the florist trade.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Rose Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here