Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
oath5

Help ID- Pink Tea? ( Like that's narrowing it down...)

oath5
17 years ago

My dad recieved this a while a go I think as a gift. He doesn't have a knack for roses, ( those and cactus are the only things he's ever killed) and I don't have the patience for hybrid teas, however, this poor neglected and utterly abused stick of a plant is remarably somewhat healthy in our blackspot infested zone, not to mention being in direct afternoon sun and planted next to the swampzone next to the air conditioner base unit thing, and tries it's best each year to bloom- all without our help or attention. It doesn't grow much, in fact last year I don't think it bloomed...or it did and I didn't pay attention, sad isn't it. I think we usually only get one bloom a year..maybe two a few years ago, that's when it had two canes. This year it sent out this one bloom, one bud, and I had to pay attention. Afterwards it promptly formed a hip, that as we speak keeps getting bigger and bigger and I hope this fall will turn red or be viable. I don't think it lost many leaves this year at all from anything.....except beetles, if you can notice in the picture. It doesn't have many leaves, but it certainly hasn't lost many either, which I too find strange...I think it had a mild scent to it, I can't remember directly. I have a hunch it might be Queen Elizabeth...could I be right?

{{gwi:1230388}}

{{gwi:1230389}}

This pictures smaller....

{{gwi:1230390}}

Comments (3)