Return to the Name That Rose Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
White rose for ID

Posted by tropical_philippines (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 16, 08 at 3:41

Hi,

Please help me ID this white rose.

What rose type is this? Is this a rugosa, damask, or something else? Is it a floribunda? Please point me a link or links which discusses and explains (with photos) the rose types or classifications used. Currently, I only understand the difference between a floribunda, grandiflora and hybrid teas but don't quite understand what makes a rose an 'old english rose', a 'damask rose', a 'tea rose', a 'noisette rose', a 'rugosa rose' or whatever. Any helpful links you can suggest to help me sort out the differences between the types and the classification schemes used will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

tropical

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: White rose for ID

Hi. I don't know the id of your rose but I'll guess the floribunda Iceberg.

I've found that Vintage garden's website is very helpful if you want to learn about different classes of roses and see photos of the roses, and drawings of their growth habits.

Click on the link, then you'll see a list of all the different rose classes, click on a class, then you'll get more information, click on a rose and you can see how that rose looks.

Here is a link that might be useful: Vintage gardens

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Rose Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here