Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kjh9835

Rental home has roses...need ID and assistance with care

kjh9835
15 years ago

We moved into a rental home first weekend of August. The owner does not know anything about the flower beds or roses other than her mother planted them some time ago.

They were blooming first of August and still are. I think there are two bushes planted in one spot. I didn't pay much attention while getting settled in so maybe one bloomed then the other or maybe they are both blooming for a long time? I also think there are weeds underneath but not sure. There are brown and yellow spots on some of the leaves (but not all). Some of the stems are 2-3 ft tall and old, brown dry (dead?) with no blooms while others are thick and green and about 4-5 foot tall, large enough around that I couldn't put my arms around it if I wanted to (too many thorns).

On the other side of the porch is yet another, no shrub there, just two long stems lying on the ground. Don't see a base of any sort but again, I think there are weeds all around. This might be a climber that needs a trellis? Haven't seen any blooms on it that I can remember.

Pics I had to take with my cell phone as the new computer is incompatible with the older digital camera so the quality isn't the greatest but at least a starting point.

Here is a link that might be useful: rental home roses

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus